Current Bristol City Council Council Consultations
St George Community Network aims to:
• Speak up for the whole of St George to ensure we get our share of any future funding;
• Give the area an identity and promote it as a wonderful place to live and work;
• Promote networking and exchange of information between community groups, Councillors, the Police & others;
• Provide information through this website, our Facebook and Twitter feeds and to support community notice boards.
• Act as a community of community groups;
The St George Community Network is run entirely by volunteers.
Its roles are to provide a network for community groups and to campaign on local issues.
We held a meeting on Zoom on Sunday 17th January 2021.
The meeting was a chance for local community groups to give an update on their activities over the past year and also to pick up the conversation about priorities for spending Community Infrastructure Levy in St George that were interrupted by the pandemic after our last public meeting in February.
We also looked at the opportunities to further green St George including through additional tree planting which could be linked to discussions being held by the St George Active Travel Group to improve our neighbourhoods for walking and cycling.
There will be a further meeting in February to discuss ideas for projects in St George – see our Project page for details of current projects and ideas for the future.